BMW Lost Key Replacements and Programming
BMW Lost Key Replacement from Star
Star Auto Locksmiths BMW Key Replacement and Programming
Replacing lost or broken BMW keys can be an expensive business, especially if you use a main BMW dealer. Star Auto Locksmiths are experts in BMW key replacements and we can come to you! If you have lost or broken your BMW key then call Star.
Covering West London and Middlesex we can be with you in 30 minutes in these areas – Uxbridge, Heathrow, West London, Middlesex, Greenford, Ruislip, Hillingdon, Slough, Windsor, Denham, Southall, Gerrards Cross, Heston, Hounslow, Eton, Harrow, Northolt, Norwood Green, Brentford, Ashford, Iver, Yeading, Ickenham, Pinner, West Drayton, Eastcote, Feltham, Harlington, Yiewsley, Cowley…
CALL 07824 640861 for IMMEDIATE RESPONSE
BMW Key Fob Reprogramming – 1 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, Z3, Z4, X3, X4
If you need to program a new key or an old key in which the battery has died, this will guide you through the process of programming the key to your car. Follow the easy steps and in a few minutes you should have successfully programmed your key!
Three methods to try:
1. Working from within the vehicle and with the doors shut
2. Turn ignition to position 1 and back to off within 5 seconds.
3. Remove the key from ignition and press and hold the unlock button for 15 seconds during this time press the key lock button 3 times within 5 seconds.
4. Release both buttons.
5. Doors will lock and unlock to show correct programming has occurred.
To do this procedure you need to have one working key and one key that needs to be programmed.
1) Get in and close all doors.
2) Turn on the ignition and turn off quickly. (No more than 5 seconds) to start the process. Next action must take place within 30 seconds.
3) Remove the 1st key.
4) Hold the key up near your left shoulder (this is so it is closer to the remote receiver antenna.
5) Hold down the unlock button and press the lock button 3 times. Release the unlock button and the doors lock which confirms the operation.
6) Quickly repeat steps 4 & 5 for key #2 etc.
If it does not work, try doing the keys in opposite order. Key 2 then key 1, vs 1 then 2.
Alternate if you do not have a working remote
1. Turn key to position 1 five times very quickly 2. Remove key 3. Hold unlock button then press lock button 3 times, release unlock button.
4. If you have another key do the same button pressing within 30 seconds 5. Turn on ignition to finalise.
PLEASE NOTE: This programming procedure programs the remote control part of the key. Any transponder chip for the immobiliser (starting of car) will not be programmed and must be done by a specialist.
How to program and setup a new BMW E46 key fob for 325 and 330.
From TechnologyAce on Youtube